Monday, February 4, 2008

Manjughosa

Manjushree regarded as god of wisdom and embodies aspect of an enlightened mind. Manjushree has the ability to discriminate correct views of reality as it is. In order to benefit the sentient beings. He belongs to the group of eight Dhyani-Boddhisattva, and is therefore represented like a prince with all the Boddhisattva ornaments.
Manjushree sometime has a small image of Dhyani-Buddha Akshobhya in his crown. Manjushree is worshiped in different forms and name. Like he is in one form found seated on lion is known as Manjughosa.

SWORD OF WISDOM Manjughosa is golden yellow in colour and rides on a lion. He is decked in all sorts of bodhisattva ornaments and his hands exhibit dharma-cakra mudra. He displays an utpala flower in his left hand and bears an image of Akshobhya on his crown.
He is invoked by his popular mantra "Om vagisvara Muh".
Also read about MANJUSHREE CAVE IN NEPAL.

2 comments:

Christmas said...

~~~~~~~~~~~Happy Chinese New Year~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wish U get the Best Luck

I wish U r Healthier and Healthier

I wish U r Richer and Richer

I wish U get the Warmth and the Happiness from

- Ur family
- Ur friends
- Ur Co-worker
- Ur Honey

I wish U love me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Aim

I wish you belated Chinese New Year too.
Wish Good Luck And good health Are on your way in this whole Year.

Thanks you my friend

Post a Comment